Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2002
Oakland University, B.A., 1999
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan
Heather Cholagh has over 20 years of experience as an attorney. She focuses her practice on the defense of first- and third-party motor vehicle claims on behalf of major insurance companies and their insureds.
Heather has extensive experience in the insurance industry having previously served as in-house counsel for a major international insurance provider where she handled general insurance litigation including insurance fraud-special investigations unit. Her insurance expertise also includes insurance civil litigation across several disciplines including PIP, SIU, UM/UIM, and third-party claims.
She also served as a former assistant prosecuting attorney for the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office.
State Bar of Michigan
Chaldean American Bar Association (Board of Directors, Director)
Oakland County Bar Association
- Provided both pre-litigation and post-litigation claims stage advice to insurers and defended insurers in coverage litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment in matters involving insurance fraud where the insured intentionally misrepresented information to obtain no-fault benefits.
- Obtained dismissals of first-party no-fault cases based on arguments of failure to cooperate, fraud, misrepresentation, and violations of court orders.
- Argued numerous RICO motions for summary disposition resulting in the dismissals of medical provider suits against insurers.
Awards & Recognition
Honors & Recognitions
Publications: "In Re Nosek: An Overview," United Trustee's Quarterly, 2007
Internet Crimes Certification, Department of Health and Human Services