Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2002
Indiana University Bloomington, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999
Kim Cloud has over ten years of experience with litigation matters involving commercial, real estate and not-for-profit disputes. As a member of the Tax team, she applies her wide range of commercial and real estate experience for clients.
She has represented clients in a wide range of disputes, including state and federal actions, appellate courts and arbitrations. When she was a partner at a Chicago law firm, she primarily represented automobile dealers against consumer fraud claims and disputes with manufacturers and advised commercial landlords regarding real estate matters. Kim also served as of counsel at a local firm where she focused on the defense of No-Fault Act actions and the handling of litigation involving commercial real estate disputes.
Chair, Member, Ridgewood Elementary PTA
Volunteer, Northville Baseball-Softball Association
News & Events
- Part of the team of lawyers that represented over 30 automobile dealerships in arbitrations seeking the reinstatement of their franchises following the Chapter 11 reorganizations of GM and Chrysler in 2009.
- Represented the beneficiary of a letter of credit in an action seeking declaratory and injunctive relief under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, resulting in a judgment in her favor after a 4-day bench trial, with judgment being affirmed by the Illinois Appellate Court and a denial of a petition for writ of certiorari by the Illinois Supreme Court.
- Successfully argued the enforcement of arbitration agreements in numerous automobile consumer fraud cases before the Northern District of Illinois and the Illinois Circuit and Appellate Courts.
- Briefed issue regarding the requirements for a private right of action under the Federal Odometer Act before the N.D. Ill and the Seventh Circuit, resulting in the dismissal of the plaintiff’s claim upon the finding that a claim of fraudulence must relate to the disclosure of the mileage.
- Represented religious and non-profit clients in mediations involving highly sensitive areas involving personal misconduct.
- Successfully tried numerous cases before the American Arbitration Association, the Circuit Court of Cook County and the Northern District of Illinois.