Businesses - from small, family owned companies to international corporations - rely on us to advise on all aspects of corporate law.
Our litigation background has allowed us to successfully negotiate and settle a variety of different corporate disputes, as well as guide our clients during the stages of business formation, operation and dissolution. We are experienced in labor/management issues, policies and procedures, defense of claims and demands, collections and numerous other business-related issues, including, employment law defense, commercial litigation, drafting and negotiating contracts and business transactions and contract dispute resolution.
Nonprofits, Tax-Exempt Organizations, and Corporate Governance
- Advised a national education organization regarding corporate governance matters, including drafting investment policies.
- Advise various arts organizations regarding federal tax exemption, local property tax exemption and state charitable registration compliance.
- Prepare applications for tax exempt status for multiple charitable organizations, including a state-backed investment fund, a technology incubator and a think tank.
- Represented non-profits in compliance issues, STARK-law issues, contract issues.
- Successfully petitioned and obtained reinstatement of a tax-exempt entity that battled the revocation of its tax-exempt status.