Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
Michigan State University, James Madison College, B.A., 2009
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan
Kaitlyn Cramer views each of her cases as an opportunity to present well-crafted and creative legal arguments, which have resulted in case dismissals and multiple trial victories for insurance clients.
Kaitlyn has focused the majority of her career on litigation – whether it be the defense of first party No-Fault, third-party automobile negligence, or general liability and premises claims. She also devotes time to assisting clients with litigation planning before a lawsuit is filed, by regularly counseling corporate and insurance clients on pre-suit investigations, through drafting position papers, developing a discovery plan, or handling negotiations. She then takes these cases to trial, securing no-cause verdicts against fraudulent providers, or also obtaining successful results through summary disposition.
Kaitlyn first developed a passion for advocacy in international moot court programs during law school, where she was recognized as a top oralist in the Midwest and one of the best appellate advocates in the world at international rounds in Washington D.C. Using those natural skills, she is a key member of the firm’s appeals practice. She advocates for clients in the Michigan appellate courts by defending dismissals at the trial court level and creating new precedent as well.
Kaitlyn is a regular contributor to the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and various industry groups, presenting on key legal updates and strategies for peers in the litigation world or to commercial and insurance litigation clients. She has been asked to comment on No-Fault Act reforms and present on litigation strategies for the defense of third party automobile negligence claims on an annual basis.
Having grown up in Michigan’s thumb region, Kaitlyn is also dedicated to protecting the state’s farmers and agricultural producers. She regularly advises these groups on food safety practices and litigation developments in today’s competitive commodities market.
News & Events
- Novara Law Podcast Ep. 5: Andary v USAA Update on Michigan No-Fault Fee Schedule and Attendant Care Limitations10.25.2022
- Represented national insurance company in trial against physical therapy clinics with six figures alleged in damages. Successfully obtained “no cause” verdict on basis of physical therapy clinic’s fraudulent billing and underlying patient’s fraudulent conduct.
- Represented national insurance company in appeal by Plaintiff, defending Motion for Summary Disposition victory at Court of Appeals in case involving catastrophically injured individual and allegations of memory loss and accelerated dementia (McConkey v Fremont; Docket No. 340287)
- Represented national insurance company in appealing fraudulent charges by infamous diagnostic imaging facility, obtained Order from appellate court determining that act of scanning patient once but billing for multiple scans was fraudulent
- Represented tort defendants and insureds of a national insurance company in trial brought against them for negligence; Plaintiff was a bicyclist who was struck by the insured and had multiple surgeries. Jury rendered “no cause” verdict finding no negligence by the insureds.
Presenter, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, "Third Party Case Updates," 2022
Presenter, “Third Party No-Fault Update," 2018
Presenter, “Conducting Oral Arguments Effectively at Motion Hearings” Demonstration for ICLE
Moderator and Presenter, "No Fault Reform: Recent Developments and Emerging Strategies," Institute of Continuing Legal Education
Speaker, "The New Normal: Predicting Third-Party Litigation Trends Postreform," Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 7th Annual No-Fault Summit
Moderator and Presenter, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, upcoming 8th Annual No-Fault Summit
Awards & Recognition
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch in America - Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2022
Super Lawyers, Michigan Rising Star - Insurance Coverage, 2017-present
Hour Detroit, Top Women Lawyers
“Best Oralist," Jessup International Moot Court Competition, Washington D.C.
Symposium Editor, Wayne Law Review, Wayne State University